As a handicapped accessible facility, the Lower Macungie Library welcomes all patrons.
For The Visually Impaired:
- We offer a popular selection of large print fiction and non-fiction titles.
- The Reader’s Digest large print edition can be found in our periodical section. Back issues, representing the last 6 months, may be checked out for your reading convenience.
- Our large selection of Audio Books include all the popular fiction and non-fiction titles including the works of Shakespeare, the Bible and many foreign languages. eAudiobooks are available for download from our website and NetLibrary. Our librarians are available to help you with your downloads.
- The Lower Macungie Library has installed the ClearView Video Magnifier (also known as a CCTV), to help the visually impaired read, write, view photos and enjoy other sight dependent activities. Consisting of a special digital camera, and high contrast CRT monitor, the ClearView magnifies any material that is placed under it from 3.5 to over 50 times its original size. The magnified material is then displayed on the CRT monitor in color, black and white, or 16 other color combinations, offering users the ability to customize the screen to meet their individual viewing needs. With relatively few buttons operating the system, almost any individual can quickly learn to use the ClearView and start enjoying all the wonderful books that Lower Macungie Library has to offer.
For the Hearing Impaired:
- Our collection includes books and DVD’s that teach sign language skills to both adults and children.
- All our patron computers are equipped with headsets for personal volume control.