The library provides a welcoming atmosphere where every member of our community can explore, discover and create. Whether you’re in need of homework help, a Book-a-Librarian session, studying your genealogy, or accessing materials such as books, audiobooks, DVDs, and eBooks & eAudiobooks, the library has something for everyone – all with a free library card!
We encourage all residents of Lower Macungie Township and the Borough of Alburtis to obtain a library card! Residents may obtain a Lehigh Carbon Library Cooperative (LCLC) library card by filling out a membership application and providing current and valid identification (driver’s license, photo ID card, passport) and proof of residence.
Residents of other Pennsylvania municipalities may also obtain library membership free of charge by showing their valid local public library card with an ACCESS PA sticker and providing identification as indicated above.
Pennsylvania residents outside Lower Macungie Township, the Borough of Alburtis and outside the service area of an ACCESS PA library will be charged $40.00 per household per year for library membership. Out-of-state residents will also be charged $40.00 per household per year for library membership. Identification is required for all applicants.
Patrons seventeen years of age and under are encouraged to obtain library cards, but the application form must be signed by both the child and the parent. The minimum age required to obtain a card is five years old.
Apply for a Library Card Online
Don’t have a library card? You can now apply for a library card online! Fill out the online form (please enter an email address). Your application will be reviewed and processed within 1-2 business days. Once the application process is complete, you will receive a welcome email providing you with your library information. Please note: if you’ve had a card in the past or have an expired card, please call or email the library to update your card.
- Cardholders must present a valid library card in order to check out materials and to use library computer resources. If a library card is not available, the cardholder must provide ID and proof of address that exactly matches the address on the account. ID may be used in lieu of a library card up to three (3) times before the cardholder will be required to purchase a new library card.
- Library cards are individual, not family cards, and should only be used by the person to whom the card is issued. Services may be denied to persons attempting to use another person’s card without authorization.
- Cardholders can designate other persons to pick up reserved materials for them by notifying a staff member in person or by phone. The designated pickup person must bring the library card of the person for whom they are picking up materials. This authorization will be specifically noted in the cardholder’s account.
- Cardholders are responsible for all materials checked out on their library card and on the cards of minor children for whom they have assumed responsibility on a library card application.
- Cardholders are responsible for all charges on their account including payments for any late, lost, or damaged items borrowed on their card. LCLC libraries reserve the right to charge an administrative/processing fee for handling lost and damaged items.
- Cardholders are responsible to report their address, telephone and/or email changes.
- Lost or stolen library cards must be reported immediately so that the card can be invalidated. The owner of the card is responsible for all items checked out on the card until the card is reported lost or stolen. Replacement card fees may apply.